Did you know that some experts say you should redesign your website at least once a year? The web changes fast these days, and your visitors expect you to keep up with current technologies. After all, you want to offer the latest and greatest things to your customers and keep them coming back.
Yet it may not be your design itself that’s a problem—if it’s clean and professional and still represents your unique brand. But how can you tell?
Use this handy checklist to see if it’s time to redesign your site.
Is your site:
- supporting your current business goals?
- meshing with your marketing campaigns both on the web and in other media?
- full of up-to-date content and information?
- free of typos and broken links?
- using fonts and colors that are consistent from page to page?
- offering a clear, easy-to-use navigation menu?
- uncluttered without too many animations, large graphics, and links?
- letting people with physical disabilities browse your content easily?
- loading quickly so visitors don’t click off to other sites?
- displaying correctly in the latest browsers like Firefox and Chrome?
- featuring a blog or newsletter to stay in touch with customers?
- ranking well in Google and other search engines?
- generating business for you?
If you answer “No” to any of the above questions, you may need to think about redesigning your site structure or content.
Many times you don’t need to do a complete overhaul. Often, your web designer can redo only your graphics—or simply add new features or fix issues in your website code to help you get the results you want.
You can also work on your site in stages, fixing the most important things first, then moving on to other parts as it fits your time and budget.
Be sure to ask your web designer to give you a full proposal covering all the updates and stages in the redesign process along with pricing for each item and a timeline for completion.
Need to work on your site? Don’t wait. Updating your website can be the most effective tool you have to get new business and retain existing customers.
Request a free quote for your website redesign.